ANNIE OAKLEY WOMENS PROGRAM SIGN UP
This class is required for first time Annie Oakley participants. You can bring your own eye and ear protection, or we can provide it to you for a small donation.
The classroom session is from 6:30 p.m. to about 7:45 p.m. After class, we take you out on the range where we walk you through how to use one of our guns. Be sure you are wearing weather appropriate clothing, as well as clothing appropriate for the gun range. We recommend that you wear closed-toed shoes (flip flops are not recommended), and make sure the neckline on your top is high enough that hot shells won’t go down the front of your shirt (hot metal can burn you – especially when it gets caught in your clothing). We ask that for this class you leave your personal weapon at home if you have one. The first time you attend our class you will be trained on our guns. When you come back for the next session you can bring your own weapon and ammunition.
By click on I AGREE below, you are agreeing to the following:
- I am a willing participant in this shooting activity
- I understand the purpose of this activity is to provide education in safe firearms handling and use
- I understand that if I cannot or will not follow the commands and/or instructions of the instructors I may be asked to leave the class
- SAFETY is of paramount concern; I understand that I will follow all safety procedures and respond to range safety officer instructions immediately
- I understand and agree to abide by the Safe Handling, Use, and Storage rules associated with this activity
- I understand that loud noise, flying cases/shells and chemical particulates are some of the hazards associated with firing cartridges/shells and these are a health risk; I understand protective measures such as hearing & eye protection, proper clothing, proper foot wear and proper hygiene minimize these risks and I accept responsibility for minimizing these risks I understand that loud noise, flying cases/shells and chemical particulates are some of the hazards associated with firing cartridges/shells and these are a health risk; I understand protective measures such as hearing & eye protection, proper clothing, proper foot wear and proper hygiene minimize these risks and I accept responsibility for minimizing these risks
- I understand that women who are pregnant or nursing and children 7 years of age or younger should consult a physician before exposure to a shooting environment
- I certify that I am not under the influence of any substance that may impair my judgment or safe firearm handling tasks
- I certify that I am a citizen of the United States of America and I am not a prohibited possessor of firearms
By filling out the information on the next screen clicking on SUBMIT, I acknowledge I have read and understand and agree to all statements above. I agree to hold blameless, indemnify, waive and release NVFAC and the instructors and other personnel of all liabilities associated with this firearms program and training course.
If the participant is under 18, this waiver needs to be reviewed with the minor by their parent, and the parent is required to complete and submit the information on the next page. Parent is required to attend with the minor.
This is an NVFAC FOUNDATION 501(c3) activity. All donations are tax deductible.